Friday, April 29, 2011

Mon Breakfast One Last Time

My last week in Sangkhla, Laura and I decided to wake up early to watch the sunrise and eat a hot Mon breakfast. It was a pretty misty morning, so we didn't see much of the sun, but it was beautiful nonetheless.







I decided to brave it and try the beef porridge with egg and fish oil. Not typically a "Kimber breakfast" but, surprisingly, quite good.














I believe this was the first time I ate a Mon breakfast and skipped all of the deep-fat-fried delicacies that were offered to me. On the far left you can see the tasty burmese donuts (to be dipped in sweetened condensed milk); the triangle shaped pieces are called....oh! I can't remember! But they are stuffed with a spicy curry--absolutely superb. The far right front are small roti peices, also to be dipped in sweetened condensed milk, and in the bag are the large roti which are served with a chic pea mixture. Yes, it's true, I skipped out on all of this for fish-oil porridge. Weird, I know.



Just a couple of pictures I took from the bridge. I miss seeing sights like this, now that I'm home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers