Sunday, February 13, 2011

Missing: electricity and one shoe

Friday, February 11, 2011

9:39 AM

Electricity is out. Throughout the entire town of Sangkhla Buri. AC says this happens fairly often and that most likely we won’t have electricity again until sometime after 5 this evening. So….I don’t know what I’ll be doing this morning. My computer is going to run out of battery in about an hour or two, but it doesn’t really matter because I don’t have access to any of the internet files I need anyway.

Also, the weaving manager here has mysteriously disappeared. She apparently told the weaving center workers she was leaving and not coming back…and then just left without telling Didi or anyone else. This is bad for me because I depend on her to help me manage the weaving center site. I had two orders for products yesterday and between the internet being down, and Uma disappearing, I can’t do anything about it. I hope this all plays out ok.

Saturday, February 12,2011

I just got done chasing a bunch of little kids around for an hour…definitely got my exercise for the day. I stopped because one of the little girls, a minx named Dok-Bua, stole one of my shoes and was last spotted running up the large hill with it. I saw her run off with it and thought that if I didn’t chase her, maybe she would come back with it. Wrong. I REALLY hope she brings it back, or someone can help me find it. She’s new though…she and her siblings are kind of like a cuter, Burmese version of the Herdmans (from The Best Christmas Pageant Ever)….for all I know, she threw my shoe into the jungle somewhere. Dang it all…..I have no clue how I’m going to get home with one shoe.

Thank goodness….I started telling people to look for Dok Bua, and one of the boys found her and got her to show him where she threw it: in a garbage can. Hahaha…. I’m glad to have it back.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are not shoe-less. You may need your shoe to deal with the giant spiders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how simple pranks become larger than life when you're not in familiar territory. I wouldn't know what to do without two shoes. Living shoeless is really beyond me. Do any of the kids have to live like that?

    That place is so different! If a manager disappeared here, we'd call them on their cell phones, and maybe give them a warning or fire them. wow.

    ReplyDelete

Followers